Creating a Legacy
Members of the HCF Legacy Society have notified us of their intent to leave a planned gift or bequest to the Community Foundation, demonstrating their commitment to the future of Hudson. Individuals who have already shown their commitment by endowing permanent funds during their lifetimes are also members of the Hudson Legacy Society.
As a member of the Legacy Society, you’ll be invited to:
- Name your charitable fund. As you plan your legacy, the fund can bear your name or you can honor a family member or loved one. You may, of course, choose anonymity instead.
- Share your personal history. We would like to preserve your story and photographs for future generations who will receive grants from your named fund.
- Attend special events. Let us introduce you to other generous people who have also provided for the future of Hudson in their estate plans.
- Be named in Foundation publications. We would like to give others the opportunity to follow your example of community stewardship and leadership. We also respect the wishes of those who prefer to give anonymously.
- Learn of changes in Ohio probate or federal tax law. Working with your professional advisor, we want to make sure your estate plan continues to accomplish your personal, financial, and charitable objectives.
By establishing a fund in perpetuity, you will help to ensure that our community continues to thrive far into the future. The Community Foundation provides confidential philanthropic services to prospective donors, without pressure or obligation.
Our staff will work with you and your professional advisor to provide information about the many options available to you, designing a plan that works best for you and your personal situation. For more information on planned giving or the Legacy Society, please contact the Community Foundation at 330-655-3580