Thank you for choosing HCF to open your charitable fund.
As a current fundholder / fund advisor, you can expect to receive a high level of personalized service from the Hudson Community Foundation’s staff.
We are here to serve you and help you achieve your philanthropic goals. Some of the benefits include:
Grantmaking Support & Assistance
- You access local expertise. Our professional staff have in-depth knowledge of the issues, opportunities and resources that shape our community, enabling HCF to help donors learn more about needs and causes important to you in order to make your giving as effective as possible.
Grow Your Fund Tax Free
- Our experienced staff can work with you and your advisors to grow your fund by adding tax wise gifts. We accept a wide range of gifts, from cash to complex.
You Receive Personalized Services
- You can achieve your charitable and financial goals with HCF as we offer tools and resources that make giving easy, flexible, and effective. Contact our office or check your fund activity online, Hudson Community Foundation makes your charitable giving simple, smart, meaningful philanthropy. We are here to provide guidance, listen to your concerns and ideas.
You can access your fund online with our Fund Advisor Portal. This is a secure web page where you can:
- Make Grant Recommendations
- View your Fund Activity and Balances
- View Distributions
- View and Print Fund Statements
If not accessing your fund online:
RECOMMEND A GRANT
If you are a current donor advised fund holder at the Hudson Community Foundation, and you would like to recommend grants from your fund::
- Download our Grant Recommendation Form and fax us a copy at 330-650-3588, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 49 East Main Street, Hudson, Ohio 44236
- Contact our office for assistance in completing the form (330) 655-3580
Donor/Advisors may submit grant recommendations at any time. HCF processes grants on an ongoing basis. Normally, HCF distributes grant checks within 10 days of receiving your recommendation.
Grants to Charitable Organizations
Grants will only be made to organizations that are tax-exempt public charities, or to local government entities (e.g. public schools or park systems) for charitable purposes. Non-operating private foundations are not eligible to receive grants.
Hudson Community Foundation only approves grants that are used exclusively in furtherance of charitable purposes. HCF will not approve a grant that would confer an impermissible private benefit on a Donor/Advisor or other specific person. Grants may not be used for any pre-existing pledge (under IRS rules, a pledge is considered a personal obligation of the maker, and to use a Donor Advised Fund grant to satisfy such an obligation would be considered an impermissible private benefit). Other impermissible private benefits include grants for school tuition or scholarships sent directly to individuals, certain dues or membership fees, goods bought at charitable auctions, tickets for charitable events that entitle the attendees to any material benefit, or any other non-charitable purpose. Grants may not be used for lobbying, political contributions, or for support of political campaign activities